- "The Birth of a Mother" via The New York Times
"It Made Me Into a Person With a Mission’: Readers React to Motherhood" via The New York Times
"A Mother Simply Cannot Win" via The New York Times
- "When the Nanny Leaves" via The New York Times
- "Birth Plans, Like Due Dates, Are Not Binding" via Medium
- “Can I Still be a Yummy Mummy in Maternity Clothes?" via Medium
- "Why Does Motherhood Sometimes Feel Like Losing Yourself?" via Medium
- "The Goddess Myth and You" via Medium
- "I Don’t Recognize Myself Or My Body" via Medium
- "Help I Sound Just Like My Mother" via Medium
- "When the Nanny Leaves" via Medium
- "Your Fantasy Baby and Your Reality Baby" via Medium
- "The Mom Before The Storm" via Medium
- “I Love My Baby But Sometimes I Don’t Like Motherhood" via Medium
- "Matrescence: What Is It?" via Medium
- "The Emotional Impact of a Nanny's Leaving" via Psychology Today
- "The Mom Before The Storm" via Stone Fox Bride
- "PostPartum Depression: An Overview" via The Tot
- "How to Treat Postpartum Depression" via The Tot
- "El Peligroso Culto a la Maternidad Perfecta" via El Mercurio (Chile)
- "Motherhood: Exploring the Birth of a New Identity" via ELLE Magazine
- "The Goddess Myth: How a Vision of Perfect Motherhood Hurts Moms" via TIME Magazine
- "The Scary Truth About Donating Your Eggs" via Redbook
Peer Reviewed Articles
- *Sacks A and Michels R. Caduceus and Asclepius: History of an Error. Am J Psychiatry. May, 2012.
- Hutner L, *Sacks A, Segal C, Fitelson E, Shapiro P, Muskin P, Monk C, et al. Characteristics of the Population of Patients on a Consultation-Liaison Obstetrics-Gynecology Service. Forthcoming.
- *Sacks A, Makari G. Freud in the New World. Am J Psychiatry. 2009: 166(6):662-3.
- Ekortarl A, Ndom P, *Sacks A. A study of patients who appear with far advanced cancer at Yaounde General Hospital, Cameroon, Africa. Psycho-oncology. 2007:16(3): 255-7.
- Birndorf C, *Sacks A. Women’s Mental Health. In: Donnica Moore, ed. Women’s Health For Life. New York, NY: DK Publishers; 2009: 200-227.
- Birndorf C, *Sacks A. Perinatal Mood Disorders: To Treat or Not to Treat. In: Susan Dowd Stone and Alexis E. Menken, eds. Perspectives on Perinatal Mood Disorders: A Comprehensive Treatment Guide. New York, NY: Springer Publishers; 2008: 237-266.
- Holland JC, *Sacks A. Principles of Psycho-Oncology. In: Donald W. Kufe, Robert C. Bast Jr., William Hait, Waun Ki Hong, Raphael E. Pollock, Ralph Weichselbaum, James F. Holland and Emil Frei III R, eds. Cancer Medicine, 7th Edition. Hamilton, ON: BC Decker Publishers; 2006: 901-914.